Brave Woman Saves A Scorched And Screaming Koala With The Shirt Off Her Own Back

This is one of the most incredible animal rescues!


Species extinction is taking place right before our eyes and we are not powerful enough to prevent it. Every day we hear of more and more animal kinds getting on the list of endangered species and it’s the saddest thing ever.

According to The Red List of Threatened Species, koalas are regarded vulnerable, and with the fires that struck the Australia’s east cost the situation with these animals became even more concerning.

However, no matter how much we feel that humanity has failed the animals, stories like this one remind us that there is still hope and some light at the end of the tunnel.

One woman’s act vent viral for all the right reasons. When she spotted a struggling and scorched koala running among the flames, she didn’t hesitate to step in and help.

Toni rushed towards the koala and wrapped her in her shirt before she gave it some water and took it to the nearby Port Macquarie Koala Hospital.

Sadly, the bushfires burnt more than 2.5 million acres of Australia’s east coast and they are still not under control.

It is estimated that the number of koalas which lost their life during these fires that struck their vital habitat in New South Wales is around 350.

Volunteers and rescue teams are doing everything in their power to save as many animals as possible.

Currently, the Port Macquarie Koala Hospital is providing medical care and shelter for 31 injured koalas.

Automatic drinking stations have been purchased and placed at various places with the help of donations and funds raised through a GoFundMe page. Hopefully, they will help most animals stay hydrated until they are taken to safe places.

Incredibly, people showed their compassion and more than $879,000 were raised although the goal was just $25,000.

What makes koalas vulnerable is that they climb trees and that way they are closer to the heat.

So, they end up burned and severely injured.

“This male koala who was so disorientated by the flames and unfortunately was burnt further as he headed back into active fire. He has been called Ellenborough Lewis (after her grandchild). He has been treated and is now in the five star accommodation at the Koala Hospital”,doctors from the koala hospital reported.

After seeing Toni’s bravery and her incredible act, people couldn’t help by praise her.